DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY
Conversant may be the most important Internet Company you’ve never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
We are seeking talented, enthusiastic leaders in engineering and data solutions to join our team in Ashburn, VA OR Chicago, IL. As Director of InfoSec at Conversant you will be responsible for working with Conversant Engineering and Operations in documenting, developing and reviewing solutions and plans around information security, data privacy, compliance and risk management.
Our teams in engineering, data solutions and data warehousing enjoy rolling up their sleeves, solving problems and working with large amounts of data. You hold yourself to a high standard and consider inefficiency to be an abject failure. You have a keen knack for attention to detail and a penchant for measuring things. Your reputation for requirements gathering and solution delivery is exceeded only by the careful consideration you put into designing and building them.
• Lead the Information Security Team and develop/manage their goals & objectives
• Manage incident responses to information security related concerns and alerts. Triage incidents and identify/connect the right teams to develop and manage these responses.
• Develop, maintain, train and socialize the Company’s Information Security policies to ensure the minimum corporate requirements are met and implement best practices where available
• Work with product and technology teams to bring together both business & technology
• Ensure solutions are consistent with corporate business standards, guidelines and principles
• Manage end-to-end engineering and delivery oversight for multiple solutions
• Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering and process improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Identify and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
• Work with engineering teams to ensure that implementations are aligned with the technical & audit requirements
• Frequently interface with other functional teams' leadership and engineers to align and leverage business solutions
• 10+ years of experience in the information security field and 5+ years of leadership in an information security role
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an IT-related discipline
• CISSP Certification Required
• Proven experience with current IT security technologies and information security frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to frame security and risk-related concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences
• Ability to drive execution of aggressive goals through effective planning, prioritization and resource management
• Proven track record of building influential relationships with internal customers and the ability to influence across departmental lines without direct authority
• Ability to think strategically, identify and understand business needs to translate into strategic direction, plans and solutions.
• Experience with Privacy compliance regulations
• Demonstrated understanding of technological trends and developments in the areas of information security, IT risk management and compliance
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to tailor communications based on the desired audience
• Experience leading people with demonstrated ability to attract, develop, motivate and retain talent
• Experience with EU Data Privacy Law
• Certifications in CIPP, CISA, CISM