Domain Architect III Application Deployment Platform
The Domain Architect III Application Deployment Platform is responsible for the definition of the target architecture and standards for our application platform and pipelines as we transition to a more DevOps deployment model via continuous integration of more cloud based and micro services based architecture.
This individual will
- Identify gaps in the capabilities of the platform and working with enterprise and solution architects to close those gaps.
- Lead selection and adoption of technologies to continually improve our integration capabilities.
- Lead the evaluation of options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities in highly complex situations.
- Lead the development of domain recommendations.
- Define and lead domain standards.
- Lead the evaluation, analysis and development of the domain technology road map and translation architectures.
- Define integrated, complex physical architectures.
- Bring forward domain recommendations for review and validation.
- Provide coaching, feedback, technology guidance and mentor staff.
- Lead the training and development of architects and engineers.
- Communicate, champion and improve the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Identify new opportunities for innovation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar subject or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience in related position preferred
- 3-6 years of architectural experience
- Extensive experience with networking, software development, Linux and Web Technologies.
- Experience implementing a variety of integration technologies:
- Continuous Integration/Deployment (e.g. Jenkins, Atlassian)
- Application Cloud Platform (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Cloud Native Application Architectures (Containers, Microservices, Lambda)
- Strong Agile and DevOps practice experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing PIaaS Preferred
- Understanding current approaches to API security
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Demonstrated excellence with written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.