Inventory Service Team is responsible for the selling view of inventory across all of JWN channels including Full Line, Off-price, Trunk Club and HauteLook websites. Maintaining an accurate and low latent picture of inventory across all of JWN owned locations including warehouses, stores and clubhouses is the main focus of this team. As Inventory is at the very core of a retailer like JWN, we support a vast variety of increasingly complex use cases in a fast-paced environment.
The Engineer 2 will be part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
- Develop large scale RESTful Web Services in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception to post-mortem
- Mentor junior developers to grow them to similar levels of technical expertise
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Understands application integration, event-driven architecture and integrating multiple microservices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams – business stakeholders, engineers, program management, project management, etc. - to produce the best solutions possible
- Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
- Participate in design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code
- Implement test automation to validate new and existing code
- Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Translate business issues to technical terms
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of professional experience in practice area
- Proven high level of expertise in Java and related technology stacks
- Proven proficiency in HTTP API development (REST and SOAP)
- Strong practical Linux administration skills in a cloud environment
- Experience of working with microservices and distributed computing
- Prior experience with caching mechanisms desired
- Use of orchestration tool sets such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code techniques and practices
- Good to have CI/CD Pipeline experience (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Agile software development experience
- Cloud Computing Experience (e.g AWS, Azure) is a plus
- Knowledge of Distributed Streaming Platform like Kafka a plus
- Experience working in a metrics-driven environment is a plus
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.