Engineer 2 at Nordstrom
An Engineer 2 is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability is at the function level.
This role is in our Supply Chain division. We are creating a new labor platform that will be used company-wide. You will have the opportunity for green fields development (coding from scratch). This is a new and highly visible endeavor!!
A day in the life...
- Design and collaborate with local and partner teams
- Test all scenarios and conform to quality standards
- Identify performance issues; apply knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals (e.g., cross-site scripting, security certificates)
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of information technology concepts issues, trends and best practices as they relate to the discipline/practice
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of specific needs of a major line of business and the related set of applications, systems or functions
You own this if you have...
- 3+ years of professional full stack software engineering experience (Java/Spring tech stack/React/AWS/Linux/Kubernetes (or Docker) Jenkins/CI/CD
- Any exposure to Supply Chain, Inventory, eCommerce and/or Retail, would be a huge plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Hourly and salary pay ranges specific to Colorado are listed below, which is provided in compliance with Colorado law. Nordstrom continues to remain competitive with pay and benefits in all markets.
Minimum - $12.55/hr
Maximum - $46.10/hr
Salary (Non-Exempt and Exempt)
Minimum - $30,200/annual
Maximum - $289,200/annual