Convr is a growing startup in the InsureTech space. Our d3 Underwriting Platform helps P&C insurance underwriters make better decisions more efficiently. As we continue to grow we are looking for leaders to help us scale not only our platform but our organization. This is an exciting role that will allow you to take ownership in one of our most important verticals, Data and the products powered by it.
WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING REMOTE! THIS POSITION WILL BE IN OUR SCHAUMBURG, IL OFFICE WHEN IT IS SAFE TO RETURN.
As an Engineering Manager, you will work closely with technical leads and product managers to lead a team delivering the best solutions for our customers. You will develop a deep understanding of the people, technologies, and practices of your team, and apply your expertise to planning, prioritization, and execution. You will support the self-development and career growth of individuals, as well as foster a supportive, inclusive, and collaborative environment in which people do their best work.
- Own the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
- Manage the career path and goals of your team members, conducting regular 1-on-1 meetings and giving feedback.
- Own and continuously refine the processes and communication strategies your team uses to build and support products.
- Be a Technical Product Owner and help own the backlog and Tech Lead to ensure that the roadmap is realistic and understood.
- Work with your manager to turn the roadmap into staffing needs and a hiring strategy.
- Build a deep understanding of how our products work and are built. Though you will not be expected to regularly code, you will need to fully grasp code and architecture concerns.
Technical Skills Demonstrated:
- Managed our lead teams of at least 5 engineers in the past
- Understanding of data modeling and various data lake solutions
- Built out data platforms that support multiple data sources
- Worked on systems with lots of users (1000s - 1Ms)
- Ability to own a backlog
Things that will help you succeed:
- Passion for delivering value to customers
- Can evangelize Agile / Scrum framework to deliver this value
- Quality is everything to you
- Ownership! Takes ownership and responsibility for all things Convr
What you'll need:
- At least 10 years of related experience
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field