ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
Platform Reliability organization’s mission is to build platform infrastructure, tooling and educational programs to empower ActiveCampaign’s engineering productivity. Our vision is to provide software leverage by enabling product development engineers to build scalable applications leveraging our platform with high velocity, quality and performance as features.
We aim to achieve this platform vision by building a best-in-class platform with four 9s of availability, flexibility, security and compliance by default, by providing APIs, abstractions, infrastructure, composable services and self-service interfaces to accelerate product delivery, by optimizing cost-to-serve to achieve profitable scale, by reducing toil, and by building self service features and functionality that delight and inspire our engineers to do their best work.
ActiveCampaign’s DBRE team builds and operates data infrastructure supporting our internal and external customers. We provision managed public cloud services for MySQL, Kafka, Elasticsearch, and we also employ DynamoDB, Snowflake, Amazon Athena, and S3. We have large deployments of MySQL and Kafka and will be expanding our use of Elasticsearch in the next few months.
As the engineering manager of the DBRE team, you will lead the team who has ownership of all technical and operational aspects of our data infrastructure. Partnering with other reliability, platform and product engineering teams, you will be responsible for building, sizing, securing, deploying, operating, and monitoring this infrastructure across all environments and regions.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a SaaS company experiencing hyper-growth, and our data is growing faster than ever. You will build a platform that can support petabyte-per-day ingestion and processing by 2023 while also sustaining our business by building on past decisions.
What your day could consist of:
- Provide technical vision and leadership to build complex and sustainable data infrastructure that will be used across all product and platform areas
- Lead 5-8 members of Database Operations or engineering team through technical design, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of cloud service infrastructure, monitoring, and deployments
- Develop and grade OKRs with the team
- Report on our compliance with SOC2, ISO and other standard requirements
- Create roadmaps, make tough prioritization decisions, advise on technical architecture and provide day to day technical oversight for the team
- Expand the team by recruiting, interviewing and hiring excellent and promising engineers
- Influence design decisions and technical direction for engineers, product managers, and senior leaders
- Ensure transparency of project status to leaders and partners
- Work with each team member in identifying and making progress toward career development goals, employing mentoring and coaching best practices
- Incentivize quality work and effective communication
- Promote modern technical standards
- Experience with large scale multi-regional infrastructure deployments is nice to have
- Experience with data pipelines and platforms would be good
- Understanding of Customer Experience Automation, MarTech, Marketing Automation platforms, B2B or B2C SaaS is nice to have
What is needed:
- 5+ years of industry experience implementing and delivering platform or reliability initiatives as a technical manager, developer lead, reliability engineer or equivalent
- Real experience operating MySQL, Kafka, and other AWS/public cloud services
- Experience with a wide variety of production workloads: cloud-native, legacy/lift-and-shift-migrated, managed, serverless, containerized, etc.
- Created or managed APM, monitoring, alerting systems such as Datadog, Grafana, OpsGenie, ELK, New Relic, etc.
- Designed on-call rotations that cultivate empathy and professional growth
- Familiarity with standard legal compliance requirements for data privacy and security
- Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans
- Effective communication (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across various business units and executives
- SaaS, multi-product or international offerings experience
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.