Engineering Manager: DevOps + Infrastructure
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. We have a strong culture of being curious and collaborating. In our infrastructure, you'll see technologies like AWS, Docker, Circle CI, Ansible, and Python.
Who you are
- You have hands-on experience with AWS, Ansible, and Python.
- You yearn to get your hands dirty in technical projects and are ready to dive in with the team every day.
- You’re a leader, but you still have solid coding and technical skills and you strive to use the best tool for the job. We welcome new ideas and technologies – you’ll be critical in deciding exactly what technologies we use.
- You’re comfortable making executive decisions around cloud architecture, security, immutable infrastructure, and systems engineering for the entire platform.
- You are excited to help recruit and continue to develop a team of strong DevOps engineers.
- You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have at least 3 years of experience managing and/or mentoring engineering teams.
- Mentor, train and develop a team of 4-6 software engineers, conducting regular 1-on-1s and giving coaching.
- Collaborate with managers and teams to roll out new features and best practices.
- Participate in conversations about the design, architecture, and implementation of our web platform.
- Build and maintain the technical roadmap of Trunk Club’s infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Technology Teams, Data Science, QA, and our Nordstrom Technology family on Engineering projects.
- Evangelize cloud infrastructure internally and externally.
How we work
- With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as Jamboards for collaborating on architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom & TC discounts
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars