Engineering Manager -Internal Tools
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
This role will focus as an Engineering Team Lead who is willing to wear many hats and take ownership of full- life cycle development, including design and architecture and managing a team of awesome engineers. This role will focus on our Delivery team that impacts how our customers use our service.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Lead and manage teams’ sprints, and deliverables
- Develop highly-available, fault-tolerant core features on our ordering platform
- Contribute to design and architecture of systems that span multiple teams and/or products
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our diners, restaurants, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer facing applications(e-commerce preferred)
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Manages a team of Engineers and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Strong Experience with Agile methodologies
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of or experience with developing distributed systems
- Experience with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.