Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures and key technology transitions.
As an Engineering Manager, you’d deliver amazing user experiences and predictive functionality to our platform. You’d directly manage one or more technical teams, improve processes and manage resources. You’d execute with an emphasis on new-build web applications and platform development.
- Manage a world-class development team: contribute to technical vision, perform HR-related, performance management, and interpersonal communication duties
- Collaborate with product management team and senior technical staff to meet deliverables timeframe
- Coordinate development projects with other teams and managers
- Work alongside project architects to ensure best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work
- Provide regular progress, roadblock and opportunity reports to senior management
- BS in computer science or related field (preferred)
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead Agile Scrum teams
- Familiarity with test-driven development and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Startup experience (preferred)
- Highly self-motivated with strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and improve on existing approaches
- Strong understanding of concepts and technologies behind big data and predictive analytics, predictive maintenance and the Industrial Internet of Things (preferred)
- Understanding of structure and usage of REST API’s and their integration with ETL process (preferred)
- Experience with analytical tools, databases and methodologies
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Why Work Here:
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.