TopstepTrader is a high-growth, innovative, B2C company challenging the traditional retail trading model in the futures, foreign exchange and equities spaces. Having attracted over 30,000 traders from more than 160 countries since launching in 2012, we are not slowing down anytime soon!
A career at TopstepTrader places you at the intersection of technology, finance and marketing for one of the fastest growing companies in Chicago. We were named #14 on Crain’s Best Places to Work 2018, and have also earned recognition on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. We are growing our passionate team, user base and business model, all the while reinventing the retail brokerage industry.
At TopstepTrader, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
We are looking for a Engineering Manager who has an interest in the financial markets and who can lead the development of one of our trading evaluation platforms. You should be able to, and enjoy having conversations with business folks, and have a deep enough knowledge of the big picture - including systems, database tables, front-end and back-end code, user experience and team capacity - to quickly determine feasibility of features and provide counsel about whether the business is capable of executing upon desired projects.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment embracing innovation and continuously improving. S/he will have a keen attention to detail and the ability to take ideas from concept to execution. We're looking for a self-starter who learns quickly, loves technology and has proven problem-solving and people skills.
Are you excited about this opportunity? If so, read on…
What You’ll Do
- Work cross-departmentally to learn the key projects that teams are working on and provide counsel about whether proposed projects are realistic over various timelines
- Be the “voice of the code” so that the company allocates resources in such a way that current development does not impede future development
- Consult and mentor a team of full-stack developers on systems design, deploy procedures, code architecture, etc.
- Lead our code review processes to ensure that code-quality remains high
- Improve the efficiency of our development process
- Lead recruiting of developers when necessary
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor's degree in CS and/or significant relevant experience
- A focus on readability, maintainability, and scalability when writing code
- Strong familiarity with SQL databases
- Strong familiarity with API design (REST, SOAP, etc.) / integrations
- Very strong OOP design principles
- The ability to decide on when to build solutions and when to buy, working with Sr. Leadership and advising them on direction
- Experience managing developers and interfacing with various business teams
Nice to Haves (these will be easy to learn for the right candidate)
- Parallel / distributed computing experience
- Financial knowledge
- Continuous integration knowledge
What You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- A culture of development and innovation
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life, long-term/short-term disability insurance and 401k retirement plan with company match
- Generous paid time off, which increases annually and paid holidays
- Paid maternity leave
- Ability to learn about the financial markets and trading industry from experienced professionals
- Opportunities to work from home
- Summer Friday (flexible) hours
- Great perks: team events and happy hours, paid volunteer days, catered lunches, birthday and anniversary celebrations, cereal and snack bar and much more.
Is TopstepTrader the place for you? If so, apply today! We can’t wait to hear from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.