Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
Showpad is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing technology team in Chicago.
As an Engineering Manager at Showpad, you’ll be a leader in driving change within our product development and engineering practices while assisting and supporting a team of engineers to do their best work.
Our engineering team in Chicago is responsible for building the Coach product within the Showpad platform. This team develops the entire platform, from the API through the frontend and mobile application.
To support and scale the team, we are looking for someone who is not only an individual contributor but is currently or is looking to help grow, train and mentor other engineers.
Key responsibilities as an Engineering Manager at Showpad
We are looking for someone willing and eager to drive change -- change in our process, change in the quality of our work and change in our relationship with other groups, both within Product, Engineering and elsewhere. We are looking for someone who will push members of the team to be better, invest in quality, grow their technical prowess and advocate for them and their work. The ideal candidate would serve to be a role model and mentor for more junior members of the team.
Your contributions in this role will help to build a skilled and autonomous engineering team within a 100+ person Product and Technology organization. You will be an integral part of helping to build best-in-class engineers who continuously sharpen each other's skills through code reviews, technology guilds, pair programming and agile delivery methodologies.
Our ideal candidate will be someone either interested in becoming a people manager or is already a leader of a small team. Any candidate must have an interest in being an engaged contributor to our codebase as well.
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- 5+ years of software development as an individual contributor
- Experience with some JVM based technologies (Java, Scala, Kotlin) and frameworks (Spring, Play, Guice)
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Ability to articulate engineering challenges and opportunities to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable collaborating with and mentoring less experienced engineers on best practices and architectures
- Consistently looking for new challenges and opportunities for growth that extend beyond role
- A desire to learn new technologies and frameworks and understand product in an emerging field
Nice to Haves
- Experience leading and/or managing a team of any size
- Experience working and coordinating activities with remote teams
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers in interpersonal dynamics and problem solving skills
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every sales person is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and growth.