Executive Director, Technology Diligence
Vista is experiencing strong success, resulting in increased demand for consulting services and growth of VCG’s Product and Technology team. Our team operates across the investment lifecycle including evaluating the risks and strengths associated with the product and technology of potential new investments as well as partnering with portfolio companies to implement and drive operational excellence in software development by optimizing people, process, tools and technology. This is an exciting opportunity to own and define product and technology best practices within highly-distinguished software companies throughout the world.
Understanding product and technology maturity and their ability to support the investment thesis is critical to success and long-term value creation. The Executive Director of Technology Diligence focuses their efforts on the following:
- Quantifying technical risks, especially as it relates to a carve out or integration.
- Determining whether the acquired technology can scale or be integrated with an existing portfolio company technology.
- Avoiding costly surprises after closing.
- Identifying potential business improvement opportunities through transformation and innovation, including hidden sources of value.
- Assessing how unique the product and technology architecture may be and the respective barrier to entry.
In addition, this individual will partner with other members of the Product and Technology practice to advise portfolio companies to achieve transformational success, by improving or changing their technology organization, stack and processes aligned with the value creation plan.
- Remote - USA
- Participate in onsite and remote technology due diligence sessions focused on identifying operational and technology strategy, organizational structures, and current state business processes and supporting technology
- Assess operational and technology investment strategies and compare respective operating models and structures against Vista’s best practices and industry standards
- Lead advisory engagements, guiding the team to prepare focused request lists and agenda, facilitating on-site reviews, and creating deliverables in a timely manner
- Help drive the development/enhancement of VCG’s diligence and planning methodologies and approaches
- Advise on technical risks and opportunities related to product scalability, reliability and security
- Champion and breed a culture of process, design, and engineering innovation and excellence
- Leadership in a product development role with progressive responsibilities over the last 15+ years
- 5 + years of enterprise consulting experience. Big 4 or boutique consulting firm experience preferred
- 15+ years of software engineering management experience including leadership (CTO) roles
- Successfully evaluated and integrated 5+ M&A transactions within a software business
- Must have a track record of successfully building and shipping SaaS products and services from inception to delivery
- Exceptional communication skills and proven ability to work with clients and present to C-level executives and establish immediate credibility and rapport
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and client deliverable experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple high stress and demanding projects and priorities simultaneously with absolute focus and attention to detail
- Thorough understanding and successful implementation of leading cloud-based technologies and enterprise application frameworks in multiple different industries
- Strong business acumen as it relates to technology and product investments in the enterprise
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Ability to assimilate disparate sources of information and adapt to evolving business requirements
- Ability to skillfully negotiate ambiguity and achieve superior results in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Receptive to a quickly changing and adapting landscape and priority
- High emotional intelligence and genuine intellectual curiosity are a must
- Flexibility to travel up to 75%
- Reports to the Managing Director for Technology Diligence
Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you energized by making good businesses great? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us – we are seeking a leader to help drive sustained long term value creation of our companies by identifying and mitigating product and technology risks during diligence.
About Vista Consulting Group
Vista Consulting Group is the operating and consulting arm of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a private equity firm that specializes in acquiring software, data, and tech-enabled companies with over $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments.
The VCG team works in conjunction with the Vista investment professionals and key portfolio company employees to help current and newly-acquired businesses strengthen their operations through the implementation of standardized, repeatable and proven processes and methodologies. Explore our current (and past) companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
The Vista family of companies represents, collectively, the fourth-largest software company in the world. We also have a relentless focus on talent – within Vista and across our companies – meaning you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with thoughtful, curious, and talented executives. In 2019, several of our CEOs were named among the top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://www.thesoftwarereport.com/the-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2019/
Your position within VCG would provide you with an opportunity to strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled opportunity for personal development and career growth. This position will serve as an executive leader at VCG helping shape our companies as well as the careers of talented software executives at VCG and beyond. We take a “build-your-own career” approach and actively support the long-term career ambitions of our top performers across the entire Vista family.
What’s different about Vista?
- Vista Equity Partners invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry’s largest dedicated consulting arm (Vista Consulting Group). Today, we have a dedicated staff of over 150 employees, whose sole focus is driving success – helping leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually advance their careers
- Vista Equity Partners is a certified Minority-Based Enterprise, and we actively invest in building high performing, diverse teams within Vista Consulting Group as well as within our portfolio companies
- Because Vista only invests in software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our best practices and tools across the portfolio, while also supporting talent growth across the Vista family ecosystem