Front End Developer
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who you are
- A teacher. You’re able to mentor your peers and help our team grow.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake
- An entrepreneur. You’re truly invested in the success of the business
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS
- Good understanding of design principles, grid layout and typography – with a portfolio to showcase it
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and device compatibility issues
- Good understanding of SEO principles and best practices
- Plus if you have an understanding of Statamic, Responsys, CDN, and caching technology
- Exposure to design tools like Sketch and Adobe Suites
- Great at project and time management, able to fluidly and successfully manage multiple needs and deadlines
- Develop new user-facing marketing experience, including emails and web experiences
- Create reusable templates and maintain extensible site styles
- Work closely with the design team to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for performance, stability, and scalability
- Produce high quality responsive code through PR reviews and QA processes
- Collaborate well with other team members and stakeholders
How we work
- With others. We have pairing stations where developers and designers often work together.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Continuous learning through collaboration with engineering team
- Social environment with in-house coffee bar