Front-end Developer at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is searching for a Front-end Developer to join our existing team and take a lead role in driving front-end development for our applications. The key focus will lie on leveraging new technologies in order to enhance existing architecture. In this role, you will be expected to liaise with project managers, engineers, and developers working on different layers of our business. The successful candidate will possess an unparalleled commitment to collaborative problem solving, as well as a sophisticated approach to development, testing and creating quality documentation.
- You will be required to work alongside Project/Product Managers, Design & Back-end development teams in developing and maintaining the existing Portals, & Back office application interfaces.
- Lead planning, development, and maintenance support of a growing portfolio of Web applications, supporting various facets of the organization.
- Develop integrations to external services and software.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation of the developed modules/applications.
- You will be expected to track and resolve any UI/UX errors.
- You will be expected to liaise (when required) with technology and development teams based at the firm's global offices.
- Present shared ownership of our product vision.
- Produce monthly reports to the line manager.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in Web application development and testing.
- Experience developing interfaces for trading applications.
- Technology enthusiast and a go-getter, with excellent time management skills.
- Proven knowledge of the most current web development programming languages.
- Knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser and different devices compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Experience implementing Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc..)
- Experience in building complex SPA applications.
- Attention to detail, analytical mindset, as well as being highly effective at decision making.