Front End Engineer at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles - A quick overview of the Software Engineer at PDL
Software Engineers will work with scrum teams to deliver best-in-class software solutions on time and in scope for our continued eCommerce efforts. Working with industry veterans and technical leaders, you'll help refine existing applications, build new products for customers to gain a better grocery experience, and be part of teams solving complex supply chain, retail, and eCommerce problems.
As a Software Engineer I, you'll fully participate in the software development life cycle for our enterprise-level web and mobile applications while learning and demonstrating knowledge of software development concepts. You'll be responsible for development activities including feature implementation, bug resolution, story grooming and code reviews. You'll participate in production support.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Participate in sprint planning and design alongside Scrum Team (including level of effort estimates)
- Work with product managers and SMEs to understand the retail industry and customer needs
- Code, develop unit tests, and ensure implementation of software into production goes smoothly alongside business stakeholders, QA, and other developers
- Research and engage in emerging technologies
- Do what it takes to deliver quality code to advance business goals- using your best judgement to find success
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience
- Solid experience with ECMAScript 6+, Responsive Web Design
- Proven history of developing and maintaining high quality software products
- Ability to manage own work time and priorities in accordance with aggressive timelines and budgets
- Knowledge of working in an Agile software development methodology
- Understanding of development best practices, including algorithm development
Extra Spices – Nice To Have/Additional Skills
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Passion for coding- you have projects on your own and would be coding regardless of where you work
- Effectively communicate your ideas and listen to others
- Problem solving – not only technically, but also with competing visions from teammates and stakeholders
- Experience with Vue, Google Analytics
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.