Frontend Engineer (Remote) at Fetch Rewards
Candidates must be located in the US to work for Fetch Rewards.
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 13M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer. This position can be based remotely in the United States or hybrid in Birmingham, Boston, Chicago, Madison, New York, and San Francisco.The RoleWe are looking for a Frontend Engineer. You will build and maintain world class web applications for our customer and external partners working directly with our backend services. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems while designing and developing amazing solutions with a user-centric focus.In your tool-bag:
- Flexibility to implement a feature from either a highly specific design OR a bare bones idea that needs thought & iteration
- Ability to strike the right balance between product design and technology to create the best possible solution
- Familiarity with functional and/or object-oriented programming
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code.
- Ability to explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- 2 Frontend frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Svelte)
- Frontend Styling and layout (CSS, HTML, Sass or Less)
- Design System Implementation
- Responsive UI Design
- Application State Management
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- Experience with the automation of testing, building, and deploying frontend solutions
- Data-Driven Design
- Experience with Tailwind CSS or similar utility-first CSS framework
- Charting, Dash-boarding, and Report Generation
- Asynchronous or Reactive Programming
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures, and how these can impact end-user experiences.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics