Full Stack Developer at Millennium Trust Company
MILLENNIUM TRUST COMPANY is a rapidly-growing, leading financial services company offering specialized retirement and institutional services. Whether clients are managing corporate retirement assets, running a business or wanting choice beyond traditional asset options, we provide flexible and digital solutions to support our clients’ success. Ultimately, we aim to educate and increase access to investments to help our clients on their journey to retirement readiness, but do not provide investment advice.
Millennium Trust has experienced year-to-year double digit growth and prides itself on its strong, progressive culture. We have been recognized for our tremendous growth on lists, such as Crain’s Fast 50 and Inc. 5000, and have also been recognized for our positive workplace culture on the 2019 Best Places to Work in Illinois list, as well as the 2019 Model Workplace Award and 2018 Champion for Young Professionals Award from the Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce. Millennium Trust employees live out the values of Do Right, Excel, Collaborate, Innovate and Celebrate and deliver the brand promise of going “Above and Beyond,” so each client experiences the highest level of service.
We are always looking to expand our growing team with dynamic and enthusiastic individuals. If you enjoy a collaborative, fun environment that encourages career development, Millennium Trust is the place for you!
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions working alongside a team of experienced developer leaders. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will have relevant experience with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career and be a part of a fast growing company focused on the delivery innovative products and an excellent client experience, then we want to hear from you!
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field or experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience with modern front-end framework (React.js/Redux preferred) and UI/UX design
- Experience with transformation and post development toolchains (e.g., Typescript, WebGrease, Swagger)
- Experience with one or more languages (e.g., C#, Java/Groovy, Python)
- Experience with REST API, JSON, OTP, JTW, and OAuth2.0 is preferred
- Experience with relational, noSQL, and graph databases (e.g., SQL Server, MongoDB, GraphQL)
- Knowledge of one or more technology stacks (e.g., Node.js, .NET Core, Azure Cloud, Salesforce)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience or knowledge of source control and DevOps practice (e.g., Azure DevOps)
- Experience with one of modern automation tools (PostMan, Selenium, BrowserStack, Enzyme)
- Solid understanding of OOP principles and architectural patterns(such as Event-driven, Microservices, and Domain-Driven-Design)
- Development experience for native mobile applications
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications, and websockets
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platforms (e.g., Salesforce, Heroku, Azure, AWS)
- Experience in RPA, ML, or Blockchain development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
In conjunction with our senior development team, this role will be responsibility of the following:
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Develop visually appealing front end website architecture, including translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Design user interactions on web pages
- Develop functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end
- Implement mobile responsive designs
- Develop and design RESTful API services in adherence to best practices and standards
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when architecting solutions.
- Keep job knowledge up-to-date by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal and professional networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Write technical documentation
Check out a video on our Company Culture! Millennium Trust Culture