Full Stack Developer
CraftJack is looking for a talented full stack software engineer to join its growing team. CraftJack’s products reach millions of consumers and professionals in the ever-expanding, increasingly competitive home improvement services industry. If you’re ready to work with a dedicated team going up against the likes of Amazon and Google, please join us!
CraftJack is an emerging online referral service that is an operating brand of HomeAdvisor, the leading online marketplace helping homeowners and home service professionals connect. We're still a fast-growing company with a focus on building real products that solve real problems, and this is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage.
What’s in your future
A lot of our upcoming work will focus on building mobile apps on top of REST APIs, and we’ll start exploring the use of graph databases to build out a sophisticated recommendation engine. Our main applications are going through a major SPA transformation that will help make our user experience one of the best in the industry. We pride ourselves on our mentality that everyone on the team contributes to our success, so your input and experience could lead to exciting new opportunities.
What we look for in a candidate
A small team doesn’t have room for big egos. If the only right solution to a problem is your solution, then you’re probably not a good fit. We hire people who are smart, driven, hard working, and collaborate well with others, who can shift from project to project but also stay focused. We hire people who write quality, clean code with a passion for problem solving. Most importantly, we hire people who really want to work with us.
- Three to five years of software development experience focused on public-facing website development.
- An in-depth understanding of Microsoft web application stack; .NET Framework, ASP.NET MVC, C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- A solid understanding of unit testing, TDD, and automated testing. We can’t stress this enough!
- Experience developing for distributed systems (NServiceBus), message queues, caching (Redis) and web sockets (SignalR).
- Comprehensive understanding of AWS tools like Lambda, API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
- Familiar with software development methodologies; including Agile and Scrum
- Have the skill and patience to craft semantic HTML and CSS to meet responsive design and cross-browser requirements.
- Exposure to using source control systems and workflows in a small team environment - preferably with Git and Gitflow
- Be driven and positive with the ability to thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, innovative and creative environment.
Compensation & benefits:
We have a comfy office, large dual monitors, casual culture, Sonos for your favorite music, snacks and coffee, a game room, as well as beer from our local craft breweries. We offer a competitive compensation and our benefits package is second to none with 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation, paid holidays, plus extensive health, dental and vision coverage.