The Site Reliability Engineering team is the steward of our trading systems, balancing a safe, orderly production environment with profitability and sustainable growth.
Our responsibility is to stay ahead of the inherent complexity in scaling a distributed system that handles over half a million correlated financial instruments across multiple data centers and thousands of servers -- all the while striving for simplicity, dependability, and operational excellence.
We understand the full breadth of all production systems, including how they interconnect and interact, and use this knowledge to deploy, monitor, troubleshoot, and scale up our trading infrastructure. We work with traders, development teams, and operations team to coordinate and influence improvements to our systems.
What you'll do:
- Deploy, monitor, and configure a suite of proprietary trading applications
- Provide technical expertise and support to a high frequency trading floor in a competitive market-making environment
- Develop fluency with existing systems, infrastructure, and procedures, and proactively work to improve them
- Continually drive production systems toward cleanliness, simplicity, and reliability
- Work with development to ensure the health and stability of the production trading environment
- Intelligently automate while maintaining firm human control
- Script against configuration files, databases, and logs
- Track and solve issues as part of a fast-paced results driven set of IT teams
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or other STEM field
- Have an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Experience scripting (python preferred)
- Interest in operating systems and network architectures
- Ability to learn quickly and autonomously
- Attention to detail, diligence, and a high personal bar for performance expectations
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the trading and finance industries is not required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to the Site Reliability Engineer position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2022.