Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer - Downers Grove, Illinois
Be An Innovative Change Agent
Are you an Information Security Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and inventive environment?
At FTD we continually evolve the business-hyper-focused on customer experience! We have and are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking an innovative game changer: a creative problem-solving information security engineer equally comfortable with the needs of the business and a continually evolving technology group. This highly visible position reports to the Manager of Information Security to offer a real challenge and an intriguing opportunity for those that thrive in a transformational environment.
What You Will Contribute:
- Five years experience as an information security engineer working in a fast-paced, large enterprise environment
- Ensure adherence to information security policies, procedures, and standards
- Develop, implement and monitor information security controls based on security industry frameworks (i.e., NIST, ISO, etc.) to establish and maintain a secure technology environment
- Hands on experience configuring and managing security tools (i.e., vulnerability management, SIEM, GRC, WAF) to identify and report on potential information security risks
- Prioritize information security risks and work with the business stakeholders on remediation projects
- Knowledge of auditing principles and practices, specifically SOX and PCI, with a demonstrated ability to support internal and external efforts to maintain compliance with regulations
- Respond to security incidents and assist with investigations as directed by management
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings from major cloud providers including both Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms
- Professional certification (i.e., CISSP, CISM, SSCP, etc.) preferred or actively working towards certification
- Supports and assists other team members as required to reach the team and departmental goals. Places team/corporate success ahead of personal accomplishments
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can indeed make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and three continents where you can be part of helping shape our future
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, scrum masters, product management and executive leadership
- Career opportunities! Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
What we seek:
High school diploma or general equivalency degree; College degree in related field is preferred
- Ability to work and communicate with coworkers under pressure
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- You have many of the soft skills we need to advance quickly: flexibility, creative problem solving, confident presence in writing and speaking, willingness to learn, grow, and most importantly, a very positive approach. We want to have FUN!
- You are very organized, keeping several balls in the air and excellent at follow-up
- Business acumen, you will be immersed in the lines of business but also experienced at being the bridge between business lines and the engineering departments and helping resolve definite conflict
Join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downers Grove, IL. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company - join our family!