At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for administration and availability of all infrastructure systems. This person will install, configure, perform software upgrades and maintenance, and complete other tech-related projects. This person is responsible for maintaining system availability and resolving daily incidents. As a member of Paylocity’s Tech Operations team, this person would be looked upon as a resource for all areas of technology. Our Tech Operations department enjoys finding the right tool for the job, so we use a combination of commercial, open source, and custom-built solutions. Our team’s unique structure allows each member the freedom to perform tasks in their own way. Because we manage a wide variety of systems, one will rarely be locked into working on a single task. Additionally, each Tech Operations member is encouraged to grow in experience and technical knowledge by pursuing certifications and experimenting with new technology. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Interested in staying current by leveraging new technologies to our advantage
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient teams with an entrepreneurial spirit
- We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers in the best position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
- Strong knowledge of networking and virtualization, certification or equivalent skillset
- Experience working on enterprise level servers across multiple data centers
- Experience with storage networks and related infrastructure, certification or equivalent skillset
- Experience with 2nd generation firewalls and security best practices
- Experience with AD/Windows environments
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python
- Solid understanding of backups, monitoring and security best practices
- Strong knowledge of HTTPS and load-balancing
- Working knowledge and experience in disaster recovery and best practices
- Experience with Linux operating systems a plus
- Experience with public cloud offerings and working in hybrid cloud architectures
- Excellent communication and documentation skills are a must
- Ability to multitask, while still meeting ticket and project deadlines
- Lead projects working across multiple disciplines in order to produce results
- Experience orchestrating the deployment of infrastructure through scripting technologies
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong love of learning and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
During the last three months, you would have:
- Administrated and maintained multiple infrastructure domains including switches, load balancers, firewalls, SANs, and servers
- Presented technical changes to a Change Advisory board
- Partnered with business units to collaborate on tools and solutions
- Worked with a development team(s) to drive efficiencies or develop solutions
- Ensured continuous health of systems through monitoring/alerting tools
- Setup backup and replication jobs, verify success and conduct regular testing
- Created and updated scripts to automate manual processes
- Participated in on-call rotation and perform off-hours work as needed
- Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014 and 2017
- 9-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
- Ranked #13 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2016
- Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
- Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
- Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.