IT ASSOCIATE ENGINEER- DEVOPS
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Associate Engineer is responsible for level I and II infrastructure support. This position requires an experienced and technically-oriented enterprise server engineer who has excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Incident Management: Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Problem Management: Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Change Management: Identifies, documents and implements approved changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
- Service level management: Utilizes service delivery performance metrics and liaises with process owners to ensure that service level agreements are not breached. Notifies stakeholders in an appropriate and timely manner of any service disruption or SLA breach.
- Information security: Communicates information security risks and issues to business managers and others. Performs basic risk assessments for small information systems. Carries out vulnerability assessments. Applies and maintains specific security controls as required by organizational policy and local risk assessments. Carries out responses to security breaches in line with security policy and records the incidents and action taken.
- Analytics: Carries out analytical activities and delivers analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to agreed standards.
- Availability management: Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures. Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
- Research: Within given research goals, assists in selection and review of credible and reliable resources to gain an up-to-date knowledge of any relevant field. Documents work carried out and may contribute sections of material of publication quality.
- Work across groups to identify opportunities for improvement within the environment, both technical and operational, along with plans to capture those benefits.
- Assist in managing the server area including maintenance (patching, Operating System upgrades, etc), incident management, root cause analysis, and change management.
- Monitoring the 24x7 server environment for faults or capacity issues and taking corrective action.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to existing processes both operationally, and in support of PCI and/or SOX audit requirements.
- Works closely with peer ULTA IT, security, application, infrastructure and business teams to deliver infrastructure services to support Enterprise applications throughout the company.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering organization to create and maintain standards and operating procedures, and provide information as appropriate to manager, project manager, and various departments within the Company
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- Preferred Certifications – MCSE, RHSA, RHCE
- 1+ years of progressive IT engineering experience supporting Window and Linux server infrastructure
- Scripting skills with either Bash, Python, PowerShell, or PowerCLI are preferred.
- Good technical level knowledge in Windows Server and RHEL 6+
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Skilled and comfortable with troubleshooting complex challenges
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Solid knowledge of industry best practices and technical systems
- Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)