Eversight seeks a back-end engineer experienced with Java to join its small, focused team and help transform a $300 billion market. Every year, consumer goods brands and retailers in the US spend nearly 2% of GDP to fund discounts and other promotions, which drive 40% of overall sales volume. Eversight is the pioneer in Offer Innovation, introducing the capability for brands and retailers to discover, test, and deploy more effective promotions using a cloud-based SaaS platform that harnesses the latest in behavioral economics and machine learning.
You will impact major feature and new product decisions as part of our remarkably high performing, collaborative team of engineers who thrive on the business impact of their work. With strong team support and significant freedom and self direction, you will experience the wealth of interesting, challenging problems that only a high growth startup can provide. At an exciting point in a strong trajectory, Eversight has strong funding, leading customers like Coca Cola, Hershey's, Mars, Keurig, and Red Bull, and a transformational value proposition.
- Work in fast-paced environment to help generate ideas and quickly turn them into robust, well-tested, functioning code (including but not limited to Java)
- Operate in a modified scrum environment where we spec, estimate, and divide up work as a team and then manage ourselves independently
- Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
- Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects in the time promised
- Perform unit and system level testing on their application and all affected systems
- Implement all aspects of an application design including but not limited to: high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, state management, error logging, scalability, environment configuration, proper testing procedures, naming standards and all other aspects of good application design and development
- Strong ability to self-regulate and problem solve through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
- Connects their code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries; motivated to learn about and impact a new market
- Strongly collaborative and excels on a focused team
Skills and Experience
- 1-5 years of software development experience; object oriented design skills and knowledge of website design and usability
- Strong Java skills
- Solid SQL experience
- Experience delivering enterprise software strongly preferred
- Hibernate and/or Spring experience preferred
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
About this Company
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Palo Alto. Eversight leverages AI and experimentation to create and deliver smart, dynamic pricing and targeted promotions at scale. The Eversight platform has tested and optimized offers across more than 1,500 product groups on 50 retailers and digital platforms. Global brands and retailers rely on the Eversight platform to optimize pricing and respond to market conditions, deliver higher ROI on promotional spend, and enable data-driven collaboration on investments. Eversight’s flagship product, Eversight Offer Bank, is delivering more personalized and engaging promotions at customers such as Coca-Cola, Hershey’s, Mars, and Molson Coors, and generating 10-25% improvement in sales volume. Founded in 2013, Eversight is venture-backed and headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
For immediate review of your application, send your resume to [email protected]