Junior DevOps Engineer
Drivin is seeking a Jr. DevOps Engineer for our Chicago office. The primary responsibility of the Jr. DevOps Engineer is to implement, maintain, and continuously improve the systems and process necessary to allow us to develop and deploy software faster and improve the performance and resiliency of our systems. This candidate will be responsible for implementing best practice cloud infrastructure to support our application, data engineering, and data science teams. This candidate should have some experience working with AWS.
The Drivin tech stack consists of AWS services (ECS, s3, EMR, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Postgres RDS, SNS, SQS), Jenkins build pipelines, Terraform, Packer, Vault, git/github and Docker.
- Background in system configuration and monitoring
- Some experience with Linux and the command line
- Some with bash and python is preferred
- Some experience with Jenkins or similar build tool
- Some experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Some experience with Terraform/Packer preferred
- Some with version control practices
- Some experience with containerization (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Monitor and maintain the application infrastructure
- Write Terraform/Packer modules to deploy infrastructure as code
- Working Jira tickets from developer teams
- Optimizing/minimizing infrastructure costs
- Weekly on-call rotation