Lead Automation Engineer (Chicago or Remote) at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Automation Engineers at VillageMD enable product teams to deliver higher quality software faster.
What you might do in your first year:
- Own quality activities for the engineering team.
- Pair with engineers on automated tests and infrastructure.
- Pair with product leads on acceptance criteria, release readiness and issue resolution.
- Plan team testing activities and support scheduled releases and deployments.
- Establish, monitor and optimize infrastructure and application-level stability, performance and reliability measures and metrics
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2-4 years experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Experience with unit, integration, API, and performance automation testing tools like Jest, DataDog, Locust, and JMeter.
- Prior exposure to a configuration management system like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience at a growth-stage startup or established technology company preferred.
- Prior experience with Jenkins, Docker, and Terraform.
- Prior exposure to Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Coding experience with Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Prior work experience in the AWS ecosystem.
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal - with the development team, internal stakeholders, and customers.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary, bonus, and health benefits
- Paid gym membership
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment (with snacks)
- Pre-tax savings on commute expenses
- Remote flexibility
- A highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes the impact you can make from Day 1.
- A clear link between our daily work on products and services and the improved quality of healthcare that this work facilitates for patients.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.