Lead Engineer, Zoro
Company Summary: In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
The lead engineer provides leadership and guidance to engineering team on all levels of technology engagements. Responsible for interfacing with internal and external partners to assess technical feasibility of the initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching and leadership to software engineers
- Mentor and train junior engineers
- Collaborate with solution architect to ensure architectural consistency across all Zoro applications
- Initiate interactions with business partners to research and identify solutions
- Providing consulting services to other areas as required
- Perform detailed analysis/design of functional and non-functional requirements and translate them to software solutions in the Zoro ecommerce environments.
- Participate in the decomposition of work into user stories and estimate effort
- Participate in task level estimating of work assigned during backlog grooming
- Conduct and participate in code reviews that may span multiple projects.
- Work cross-functionally in evaluating new technology, both proprietary and open source.
- Support production deployments during go live.
- Identify and remove barriers as related to projects and processes.
- Provide timely resolution of production problems to maintain the integrity of the production environment
- Requires 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in software development methodology and software development life cycle.
- Experience with developing software solutions in an Agile/Lean environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, and business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Ability to plan and execute system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Comfort interacting with subordinates, peers and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management
- Demonstrates high understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn, become competent in, and effectively apply new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Results oriented attitude
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.