Lead Front End Developer at Rewards Network
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:10 a.m. (CST) on Friday, December 11, 2020
For over 30 years, Rewards Network has helped restaurants increase their revenue, traffic, and customer engagement through our innovative financial and marketing services and premier dining rewards programs.
When you join our team, you have an opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of our restaurant partners through our culture of close collaboration, data-driven ideas, agile thinking, and iterative experimentation. As part of the development arm of the Creative & User Experience team, you will actively collaborate with the Creative/UX Manager in addition to Business Owners, Content Strategists, Brand Managers, and others from our Creative, Technology and Strategy groups.
We don’t rest on our successes. We build on them. You should, too.
As a Lead Front End Developer with Rewards Network you will spearhead efforts to develop and design front-end applications, web-user interface, standalone websites, and the tools to navigate websites. You will also perform maintenance, content management, and feature enhancement tasks on existing business software applications. In addition, you will be involved in code releases, production support, and application support with DevOps, as well as performing unit testing at the page level, setting code standards and leading code reviews. You will be responsible for prioritizing projects and deliverables along with reviewing specifications and providing time estimates on the development of projects and features.
You will develop experiences from user flows and wireframes through final UI design, including helping to write requirements for implementation. You will work closely with the UX team to create and help execute user test plans, A/B tests, surveys, etc., and use data collected to inform future design decisions. You will also act as a liaison between the business and larger development teams to drive projects towards completion.
The Technologies You Will Work With:
· CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, HandlebarJS, JSP, IntelliJ
· Content management systems (ATG content, WordPress, TeamCity, Akamai Edge, Git, Zendesk, SVN)
What You Will Do With Us:
· Gather business requirements for various B2B/ B2C projects with Marketing team, Partner Management, and internal application teams.
· Participate in dev scoping, creative review, and UX discussions.
· Development of custom modules and theme.
· Develop documentations, flowcharts, tables, schema, front-end communications with database objects and demo for bonus development and internal applications.
· Create reusable, cross-platform, responsive web components that can be accessed on multiple media.
· Train and lead code review with other developers
· Own the critical task of website tracking, while utilizing the right tools and creating regular reports on progress.
· Work closely with the demand acquisition specialist and our digital ad agency to build out custom landing pages and ensure proper tracking.
· Manage several projects simultaneously and be involved in all phases of project planning and development
· Manage, debug, update, and access control for corporate site code and legacy sites.
Who you are:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
· 4 – 7 years of related experience participating in design of front-end applications
· Experience in leading and mentoring other Frontend Developers
· Experience writing reusable web components and APIs from scratch
· Experience with collaborative, Agile teams
· Experience developing for responsive and adaptive interfaces for multiple device types and browsers
· Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
· Experience with CMS/landing page platforms (WordPress, Unbounce, etc.) and marketing automation tools (Marketo, Optimizely, etc.) is a plus
A firm understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be crucial to success in this role.
We connect diners to fantastic restaurant experiences by offering unique card-linked offers thanks to our ability to leverage advanced technology and powerful data analytics, while simultaneously providing value to our strategic partners' overall loyalty programs.
We work alongside our restaurant partners every day, sharing in the ebbs and flows of their business while helping them achieve their dreams. We provide marketing and financing that work with their business and are truly pay-for-performance. We help them increase revenue, traffic, and customer engagement. Importantly, our services do not require the merchant to discount or give away their products.
Even more, we enhance our partners' loyalty programs by offering a turn-key, scalable dining rewards program that is right for their business model and leverages their unique brand to help increase the value proposition for their customers.
Finally, we connect our millions of members to our participating restaurants, allowing them to earn the rewards they desire when dining out.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.
Read Full Job Description