We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Our Leads apply their technical expertise to ensure that we’re building our products efficiently with an eye towards the future, and they guide product decisions based on their knowledge of the codebase. You’ll write user stories and documentation, break features down into smaller units of work, perform code reviews, mentor junior product engineers, write some code yourself, respond to outages, and improve our software quality to prevent future outages.As an example of what you’ll be doing, here are some activities typical to our product leads:
- Work with designers and product managers to ensure feasibility of deadlines with compromise, detailed planning, and creative use of existing resources
- Coordinate with both product and project managers to identify multi-team dependencies, finalize landmark dates, and ensure action items are done in the accurate order.
- Trace bugs across the surface to provide the right people with the information needed to resolve them.
- Mentor junior engineers through pair programming, code reviews, architectural discussions, troubleshooting, and designing documents.
- Align on endpoints and contracts with backend engineers to ensure end to end integration goes efficiently
- Create threat models with security engineers, meet to understand security recommendations and ultimately verify that the product is sufficiently secure
You’ll be working with an empathetic and collaborative team that is excited to answer your questions and share their wisdom with you.About you:
We’re looking for an experienced candidate who’s done this work before in a professional setting. You won’t be able to answer all of our questions or know how all of our systems work in your first week, and we don’t expect you to. If you haven’t used all of our stack before, that’s fine. You’ll learn on the job and get up to speed quickly.
We don’t have specific requirements on years of experience or degrees because we care more about what you can do, and how you do it. Some members of our team have CS degrees, others are self-taught, have unrelated degrees or graduated from a coding bootcamp. At Collective Health, we believe diversity in background is just one of many forms of diversity that make for a strong team. What we want is leadership, ownership, and accountability.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, HCSC and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]