Lead Full-Stack Developer at SpotOn
SpotOn is a fast-growing payments, marketing, and loyalty platform. We have built easy-to-use tools for businesses to increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
Our new office is conveniently located in the Ogilvie Transportation Center, right off CTA and Metra lines. While you won't find beer on tap or a game room in our office, you will find plenty of natural light, sit/stand desks for everyone, and a supportive and talented team coming together to write great software.
We strongly believe in helping each other, asking questions, and welcoming new developers. Being part of a software team should never be a struggle; we are looking for someone who shares that spirit.
Some items of interest to us:
- Having about 5 years of professional experience as a developer, and 2 years in a leadership role
- Experience with dynamic languages like Python or Ruby
- Strong understanding of OOP, and at least familiarity with concepts in functional programming
- Being able to read and write some SASS, CSS, or HTML from time to time
- 2 or more years professional experience with relational databases and SQL
- Being engaged in the full software development life-cycle, including deployment and post-production support and maintenance
- Professional experience with MongoDB, Twisted, Django, asynchronous programming in Python >3.5, Ansible, and AWS, is of very special interest to us.
Some benefits that might interest you:
- Health, Dental, and Vision care insurance
- 401K with company match
- Relocation stipend available
- Commuter benefits
- Free gym membership
- Flexible hours
- Sit/stand desks with dividers for privacy
- Catered lunches on Fridays
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We look forward to hearing from you!