Lead or Senior Software Engineer, RTBx - Chicago or New York at EMX Digital
EMX, is a new programmatic marketplace which offers more powerful media solutions across supply, demand and data to publishers, advertisers, ad tech providers and agencies, including increased efficiencies, heightened transparency and an overall lift in ROI.
EMX combines the services of an automated global marketplace specializing in direct-to-consumer access through technologies like header bidding, with a leading deterministic data and decisioning platform for advertisers and brands. As an integrated business, EMX gives clients access to a unified supply chain providing access to more audiences on all screens, including TV, OOH, mobile and desktop.
Anchored within Engine, EMX is part of an international advertising powerhouse that affords us the ability to be a part of end-to-end marketing solutions for many of the world’s most recognizable brands.
EMX Digital is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to design, develop, and deliver EMX products and services as we operate in a world where 2 extra milliseconds of latency can make or break. If you have experience in the ad tech world, have a passion for bringing new concepts to life, and love using the latest open-source technologies, then join us.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment; those who love wearing many hats, are able to change direction quickly and show a passion for learning new technologies will thrive at EMX.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers and can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver cutting edge, clean code.
- Work with diverse array of existing products as well as engineer future products
- Handle data/API’s from client-side communication to back-end collection, manipulation, and analyzation
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to build revolutionary new features into the platform
- Have ownership of the product stack and availability to support in the event of systems failure
- Stay current with the latest development best practices and apply your findings with the team
- Write clean, modular code that is scalable and secure
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or related field
- Experience building complex, high-frequency applications
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, databases, software design and DevOps.
- Eager to learn new languages, frameworks and tools
- Recommending architectural optimizations and solutions
Nice to have
- 3 years of experience using NodeJS
- Experience in Adtech or Fintech is a plus, but not required
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) employer contributions
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Entertainment and travel discounts
- Family-friendly benefits
- Relaxed dress code
- Collaborative environment
- Shiny new MacBook Air or Pro
- Surround yourself with some of the smartest people in the industry
To all recruitment agencies - not accepting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.