Lead PHP Engineer at Loop Link
Who We Are:
Loop Link provides scheduling software to the golf, tennis, skiing, and professional sports industries. Our software development philosophy is to provide an autonomous environment that allows our engineers to flourish in their own unique ways, while meeting collective team goals and deadlines. All of our employees have the right to earn equity in the company.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are a well capitalized company, on a positive growth trajectory, and are looking for positive, self-starters to join and help build our team. If you are passionate about full-stack software development centered around PHP, have a knack for self-testing your code, and thrive on working projects from start to ship, we'd like to connect to further discuss this opportunity.
- 5+ Years of proven software development experience in PHP.
- Full stack - back end through front end experience. Angular JS and Vue experience a nice plus.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL and Redis.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Ability (and desire!) to write unit and integration tests.
- Good knowledge of version control tools, and experience virtually and personally collaborating with a team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills.
- Build and ship clean, performant, scalable, secure, quality software that exceeds customer expectations…own your code, cradle to grave.
- Take a leadership role using your previous leadership experience or the talent and knowledge that's been waiting for the right opportunity.
- Work with Product, Quality, DevOps and Ops to ensure that we deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues.
- Collaborate closely with local and online engineering and ops (all are onshore)…we’re all one team!
- Adhere to Product and workflow processes, engaging with the team to make continual improvements.
- Be a technical thought-leader among your peers to constantly improve how we work.
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats, and always be aware of the big picture of making Loop Link great.
40-50 hours per week with "flex hours" to accommodate different peoples' work preference (essentially work at whatever time of day you want).
Full time salary: $100,000/year and up based on experience
Work from home. We have a fun creative shared workspace for weekly Monday meetings, otherwise we meet online (Slack, Hangout, Join.me, Trello)
Very flexible and abundant PTO, sick days over and above PTO, full health benefits upon full time employment, equity offering upon full time employment
We like to take fun company retreats. Loop Link pays for all expenses on all company retreats (including airfare when necessary) We like to agree on what to do for our retreats democratically as a team.
Work life balance is VERY important at Loop Link. We receive daily thank yous from our clients for improving their quality of life. We like to pass that philosophy onto our team members. The flexibility of hours worked in the day and geographic autonomy are only two of the cornerstones that create a balanced environment for our team.
If what you've read interests you, please send your resume to [email protected] and reach out to us via Built In Chicago. We look forward to hearing from you!