About the role:
As a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll be a key member of a Software Engineering team, working to build quality software. You’ll gain and apply technical and domain expertise, and lead the effort to solve testing challenges across the enterprise.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to develop technical and domain expertise, and apply it to solve testing challenges across the teams.
- Participate in design, code and test case reviews and provide feedback to improve testability of our systems, as well as quality of our code and tests.
- Research, implement and improve testing tools and processes for our products and teams.
- Mentor and train software engineers on various topics to achieve short term and long term goals.
- Analyze defects and gaps in quality to determine how to improve our development process.
- Guide teams in defining and refining test strategies and test plans for new and existing features.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 6+ years of experience with any programming language - we welcome engineers from various technical backgrounds
- Experience testing APIs, both manually and programmatically.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining automated tests and frameworks using open source tools and technologies and proven ability to scale those to multiple teams within engineering.
- Experience managing test infrastructure and strategy.
- Project management skills and the ability to estimate scope, break down problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change.
- Comfort leading testing complex and high risk projects.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical team members about progress, challenges, or new ideas
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with developer centric testing and monitoring tools such as Optimizely, DataDog, Splunk, Grafana, etc.
- Experience working with integration and contract testing tools and frameworks such as PACT and/or Prism.
- Testing experience in scalability, performance, or security.
- Regular contributions to popular open-source projects (send us GitHub links!).
About our Software Engineering team:
Our Software Engineering team is one of the largest in Chicago. We put the “Tech” in FinTech and are accountable for developing top notch products for our customers. We are structured into full-stack Agile teams, each aligned to core business lines and services, but no team is a silo. Our collaborative environment promotes continuous learning and innovation across all groups.
We primarily code in Ruby and Go. Not Familiar? No problem! We want engineers from diverse backgrounds and have created a self-paced training program to get you up to speed during your first few weeks with us. Beyond this, our teams organize hackathons and tech talks for additional learning, monthly town halls to keep everyone ‘in the know,' affinity and advocacy groups, and even a tech pumpkin carving contest!
Our business is growing and we need smart, curious, passionate folks from all backgrounds to help us build the technology that makes us successful. This is where you come in! Are you ready to grow with us?
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.