Lead Software Engineer at NowPow
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will own specific initiatives and be responsible for planning, designing, developing, and coordinating across teams to implement. In this role, you will work across the company in your engineering team vertical to build efficient and scalable systems.
Since we are a growing startup, you will participate in many areas of the development process, including security design, architecture, system scalability, team leadership, and infrastructure management. We are looking for candidates who want to stretch their skills across the full stack of engineering responsibilities and are excited to join a quickly growing team.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for and experience with Web/UI technologies. A strong understanding of the .NET framework, Web/UI technologies, and C# is required. One key responsibility is creating detailed technical designs using best practices and then implementing them with little help. Most development will be .NET development with C#.
- Facilitate the design the NowPow System Architecture in collaboration with the Principal Engineer and Architect to deliver on your team’s goals for the sprint or release
- Own one or more specific areas of the NowPow architecture; quickly become a team expert in one or more areas like our HL7/FHIR integration technology or NowPow’s referral architecture
- Collaborate with team to produce technical specifications and architecture documentation
Product Release Process:
- Lead the product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers
- Create plans and estimates during the release and sprint planning processes
- Oversee and facilitate collaboration cross-team initiatives to execute successfully
- Manage team scrum tasks (standups, retros, grooming) and development processes to ensure the team delivers on sprint goals
- Own accountability for team progress throughout the sprint
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to development processes
Build a Great Product:
- Establish and foster a working atmosphere with your team to create solid, scalable, robust solutions
- Participate in code reviews and pull-request processes regularly
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience and experience with Web UI Technologies
- Microsoft .NET experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) is required and experience with .NET MVC, .NET Core, .NET Web APIs and RESTful web applications is preferred
- Experience writing SQL queries is required and Microsoft SQL Server and ETL process (Azure Data Factory or SSIS) experience is a plus
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, and developer toolchains (such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack) a plus
- Experience writing unit tests and working in a Test-Driven-Development environment
- Cloud platform experience (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud) is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of superior performance and a passion to build great software
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly