Manager, Engineering (Care Solutions) at Rally Health
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team:
Care solutions lets people find, price, schedule, prepare, recover and pay for care, and rewards them for choosing the appropriate care (medical, medication, dental, vision, behavioral & DME). Our digital focus is fundamentally changing the way consumers interact with their healthcare. Care solutions are available on the web and mobile. Over 50 million consumers have access to our solutions. Our engineers are passionate about building an end-to-end experience that is seamless, performant, and scales to millions of users.
Your day to day:
- Providing “thought leadership” and “technical guidance” to take the existing systems and applications to the next level as our business is undergoing high growth.
- Contributing technical hands-on guidance while maintaining mission-driven leadership of engineering goals
- Collaborating with the Care Solutions team in leading the strategy and execution of projects while partnering with various key stakeholders across Rally's Engineering, Product and other teams
- Provides a single point of contact for all engineering activities of the team
- Technically understands all components and integration points of the system under team’s ownership in depth
- Understands all integration points for the components owned by the team
- Understands codebases owned by the team. Is able to review, code and debug when necessary
- Participates in design discussion of the components and their interaction with other components
- Drives the quality and scalability of the systems and guides the team to make better tradeoffs
- Able to perform feature level design given high-level requirements, taking into account business requirements, data/KPIs/reporting, scalability/performance requirements, and time available to implement.
- Tracks tech debt of the team and manages it proactively
- Executes based on the security posture of the team and is accountable for designs that foster Rally’s compliance and application security principles
- Proven ability in setting product strategy and delivering several large scale projects within multiple dependencies cross functional teams
- Track record of success in building, managing and leading highly technical local and remote engineering teams
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership, oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation; team building and people management skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant hands on SW Development experience in web and /or mobile device applications
- 3+ years hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications (i.e. Java; Scala; Swift; Docker, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
Why join Rally?
On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.