What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
Manager of Quality Engineering (Level II) will serve as a leader within Peapod Digital Labs DevOps & Automation team. This role is an experienced technologist and tactical partner to the application development, operations, DevOps, automation, security, and infrastructure teams. This role will ensure quality delivery of specific customer or employee facing product offerings. This role will be responsible for execution of the strategic roadmap defined for Quality Engineering team.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Experience leading team size of 15 to 20 members spread across multiple locations.
- A recognized inspiring leader, with a strong ability to influence others, build consensus, lead teams, engage engineers, and drive towards business and technical decisions.
- Execute on plan to implement Quality Engineering Maturity model in alignment with Agile Transformation goals
- Manage multiple scrum teams, parallel releases and multi application dependencies.
- Hiring and retaining talent, motivating team and inspiring a vibrant and can-do culture.
- Partner closely with Development, Security, Quality, Operations and Product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability and business-continuity objectives on our overall roadmap.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Proven experience (12+ years) demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex quality, automation and reliability challenges
- You have experience in implementing automated code quality gates to shift quality left in development lifecycle.
- You have strong understanding of test data management for large scale ecommerce platforms.
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
- Experience with automation, performance, API, DB testing tools and platforms and deploying these solutions to achieve strong reliability in software releases.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented
- Follow the Agile (more specifically Scrum) working methodologies
- Collaborate with team members from Product, Development, QA, Security and Ops
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description