Manager, Information Security
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company on a mission.
We believe easy-to-use, flexible technology can alter the trajectory of an organization and improve the lives of its employees. It’s this very spirit that drives us to build and deliver a SaaS platform that brings unprecedented clarity, collaboration, and accountability to our clients’ governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) processes. Join our fast-growing, passionate team of innovators as we continue to disrupt the multi-billion-dollar GRC industry.
LogicGate’s Business Operations team places dedicated resources toward making sure the company “works.” You will have the atmosphere, tools, and mentorship to do the best work of your career. This role is responsible for defining and maintaining a security program to ensure that information assets and the associated technology, infrastructure, and processes are adequately protected across various functions of the LogicGate’s digital ecosystem. The position requires a strategic, results-driven individual that understands the IT/OT convergence needed to lead the overall information security strategy with a global focus.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Determine and implement a vision for information security and privacy programs at LogicGate
- Develop processes to maintain up-to-date information security policies, standards, and guidelines. Oversee the approval, communication, and acknowledgement of information security policies and procedures
- Identify and communicate information security goals and objectives with measurable KPIs to support business outcomes
- Execute and manage audits against standard control frameworks like ISO27001 and SOC2
- Oversee monitoring of the external threat environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on appropriate actions
- Manage recurring application penetration tests and vulnerability scans. Evaluate results and provide recommendations for risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure that third-parties with access to LogicGate data are regularly evaluated for appropriate information security and privacy controls
- Define and build partnerships with internal stakeholders to provide investigation, incident response support, and other services as identified
- Serve as an internal information security consultant to IT support, operations, and product development teams. Assist, advise, and educate these teams on all impacts of information security and compliance
- Ensure effective levels of data protection for cloud environments are in place including encryption, intrusion detection and prevention, and data loss/leakage
- Clearly articulate LogicGate’s information security and privacy programs to external stakeholders and customers
- Coordinate regular testing of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans
- Ensure LogicGate employees have appropriate training on information security and privacy best practices
- 5+ years of experience in information security, risk management, privacy, or IT
- Knowledge of industry best practices in security and privacy controls with experience implementing controls throughout an organization
- Experience managing requests for information from clients and auditors
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite and G- Suite products
- Strong attention to detail and internal locus of control
- Excellent people skills, ability to communicate, team orientation, and professional attitude
- Ability to identify and drive organizational transformation to meet changing demands, technology, and initiatives
- CRISC, CISSP, CISM, CISA, or similar industry certifications (not required but nice to have)
At LogicGate, every member of our team moves the needle. With a firm footing in our core company values, we’ve built a fast-paced, demanding work culture that allows for the flexibility, autonomy, and career opportunities you’d expect from a growing company.
We offer competitive benefits including:
- Ownership in the company through stock options
- Comprehensive healthcare & dental plans
- Transit benefits
- Generous PTO and parental leave
- Weekly catered lunches
- Open-concept office space featured in ChicagoInno’s Office Envy Series
- Mother’s room, standing desks, company keg
- The chance to make an immediate impact and do the best work of your life
LOGICGATE’S CORE VALUES
- Own It - Be self-driven, entrepreneurial, and efficient
- Raise the Bar - Challenge complacency and mediocrity; be adaptable and agile; details matter
- Be As One - Trust, collaborate, and support; invest in co-workers and clients
- Embrace Curiosity - Always be learning, be curious and share; be humbled but not embarrassed by mistakes
- Do the Right Thing - Act with integrity, even when no one is looking; be transparent
- Empower Clients - Create solutions where customers win
At LogicGate, we value diversity of culture and background for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. LogicGate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Different makes us better.
This position is open to applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
Read Full Job Description