Manager- Software Engineering, DevOps
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Manager, Software Engineering-DevOps is responsible for building and leading a highly effective team of software engineers with a passion for making engineering processes more efficient through technology. You will also work with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process. The Manager, Software Engineering-DevOps is responsible for the professional development of their reports and is the subject matter expert for the tools development which they are involved in.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make independent decisions and drive your team's success
- Ensure the team is aligned with kCura's goals and objectives and understands how their work fits into the bigger picture
- Implement the DevOps roadmap and measure success via key performance indicators agreed with other Engineering Managers
- Research, gather feedback, and help build momentum for change within the organization as we move to a SaaS environment
- Gather product & business requirements, gut check new ideas and proposals, balance tech-debt and delivery of product functionality
- Source engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years managing a team of at least 5 engineers
- 5-10 years of relevant individual contributor experience
- 3+ years with C#, Jenkins
- 3+ years managing Windows servers
- Expertise using Git from the command line without a GUI
- Highly technically proficient in at least one discipline of backend systems, distributed systems, web engineering or data science
- You can clearly articulate desired outcomes and lead engineers to developing simple solutions to complex problems
- Have excellent communication skills and demonstrated cross-team collaboration with peers, Product Managers, and other disciplines
- You keep up to date on new technology and processes and are able to explain the benefits and problems of current and new technology
- You prioritize year over year growth in yourself and your team
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.