Manufacturing Engineer - Additive Technologies at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:45 a.m. (CST) on Monday, March 7, 2022
What we are looking for: The Digital Manufacturing Engineer will work with cross functional teams from the product development and execution life cycle, design for manufacturing; production scale up; and order fulfillment. The DME will be responsible for supporting internal technical programs with the latest additive manufacturing techniques.
About the Role:
- Stay up to date on latest additive manufacturing technologies including design software, manufacturing equipment, and materials
- Lead process improvement activity for additive manufacturing techniques
- Collaborate internally with sales and manufacturing to ensure project success
- Provide feedback on customer designs, including manufacturability and design for additive manufacturing
- Between 1-7 years experience
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or related field from top-tier institution
- Prior 3D printing preferred (polymer – FDM, SLA, SLS or metal – DMLS, binder jetting)
- Basic CAD knowledge (Solidworks, Autodesk, etc.)
- Experience with Lean manufacturing environments
- Appreciation for building and working with materials hands on
- Detail oriented and interested in learning more about new manufacturing technologies
- Willingness to dive in for the entire process – from product concept to final part inspection and delivery
- Ability to work independently
- Thrives in a fast pace and adaptable environment
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV, WI
Read Full Job Description