Mobile iOS Developer
Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Cars.com is seeking an iOS Developer with demonstrated experience designing and implementing enterprise scale mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic vision and solid execution skills to create native applications for mobile devices. This is a hands-on role, primarily focused on the development of our native iOS applications.
- Work with a team of peers to design and implement products in support of strategic business and IT initiatives
- Participate in peer review sessions throughout design and development phases for multiple projects at any given time
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor software
- Assist Quality Assurance engineers in issue identification, and remediation issues during formal QA cycles
- Participate in design sessions with IT, Architecture and Development Leads
- Attend product review meetings to discuss new or enhanced product features
- Collaborate with the product team to turn user stories into product features
- Participate in requirement reviews, actively working to uncover and resolve ambiguous and invalid requirements
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to understand business requirements and lay out the technology solution
- As needed, work closely with the product architect to help with discovery and/or determine technical feasibility
- Create/update design and support documentation as needed for feature additions or enhancements
- Identify and implement improvements to internal team processes or to supported business processes, products, or services
- Develop and evolve coding standards via collaboration with the development community of practice
- Challenge the status quo and influence change in the Cars development community of practice
- Explore innovations in technology to enhance business outcomes
- Participate in vendor evaluations, POCs and framework/platform selection
- Document design deliverables, source and release notes in the interest of supporting future development and operations staff
- Participates in the resolution of challenging and demanding problems across a number of technical topographies
- Verifies that non-production environments are accurate and functional
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills (both oral and verbal)
- Identifies and implements improvements to internal team processes or to supported business’s processes, products or services.
- Strong experience and skills developing Swift and/or Objective-C iOS applications with Xcode.
- Understanding of Cocoa Touch fundamentals including the Objective-C runtime, architecture patterns, multi-threading and operation queues, and other object oriented principals.
- Experience with integrating RESTful API network services.
- Knowledge of both JSON and XML formats and how to efficiently encode and decode objects.
- Understanding of relational databases and using predicates to query persisted data.
- Strong skills for efficiently creating and designing rich user interfaces both programmatically and through XIBs/Storyboards.
- Ability to develop fluid, responsive, and complex user interfaces through Auto Layout.
- Knowledge of how to profile, debug and optimize apps through Xcode Instruments.
- Ability to diagnose application crashes through crash report symbolication.
- Experience with CocoaPods for integrating and maintaining third-party dependencies.
- Experience using GIT in an individual and team environment for source control, versioning, and releases.
- Ability to collaborate in an Agile team environment, communicate effectively, and take ownership for tasks.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with other teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to consistently estimate, track, and report progress through project management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with both Swift and Objective-C and exposure to interoperability between the two languages
- Experience with programming architectures outside of MVC. (MVP, MVVM, VIPER, etc)
- Experience working within a continuously integrated environment — automated workflows and distributing regularly.
- Experience with Functional Reactive Programming through iOS Reactive Frameworks.
- Experience with Fastlane for automating developer workflows.
- Experience with Xcode Server for Continuous Integration.