Mobile iOS Developer
KAR DaaS (Data as a Service) is looking to expand our development team as we continue to innovate the wholesale automotive industry.
We are looking to grow our team a native iOS developer who is passionate and looking to learn & grow in a team-oriented environment. We take great pride in our entrepreneurial culture and the strength of our engineering team. If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you about joining us.
The ideal fit for this role should have a strong background in hybrid and native iOS application development. You should be comfortable developing, building, deploying and maintaining a mobile app which is used is highly used (10k+ customers) and drives substantial revenue.
As a member of the iOS development team, your main responsibilities are the implementation and maintenance of a data rich UI combined with a complex hybrid app design. The candidate should be able to build and maintain products working closely with other developers including a React frontend, Java API developers, the data teams, and product managers. This candidate should be comfortable making implementation decisions for the UI layer given the product vision from the product team. This candidate should have at least 3-5 years of professional iOS development experience.
KAR DaaS tech stack is cutting edge and constantly evolving positively. We take advantage of Amazon AWS to deploy our infrastructure, ReactJS on the front end, Java to develop REST APIs, and PostgreSQL for transactional data and applying models from the data teams in real time to challenge the existing application landscape across the wholesale automotive industry.
- Build and maintain native mobile application code using iOS SDK and integrated technologies for hybrid application design
- Collaborate with design/product teams and implement UI Components
- Maintaining unit test coverage and code quality for applications
- Minimum requirement of 3 years consistently working on iOS application development
- Can manage own workload and complexities of integrating multiple technologies into a single application
- Experience shipping one or more apps - ideally currently available in an app store
- Experience connecting to RESTful Web Services for data access and data caching
- Experience with authentication strategies to secure an app
- Experience fine tuning performance across a spectrum of integrated technologies
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proficient with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience in C is a plus
- Familiarity or direct experience with continuous integration and deployment to cloud services like AWS or Azure
- Proficient understanding of iOS IDEs and code versioning tools (XCode, Git)
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines