Who we are:
Our story might surprise you. We’re the world’s largest restaurant company—encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell—but there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than just frying chicken, baking pizzas, and serving up tacos. We put this delicious food in the hands of customers through apps, websites, kiosks, POS, and other digital dining experiences – and we are only getting started. Here in Chicago, we’re building out a bold team of hackers to help Yum! Brands deliver the next generation of software to 49,000 restaurants in more than 145 countries. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why we’re on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join our software startup within Yum!.
Yum!'s vision for the future is simple: a world with more Yum!: with our iconic brands in more places, and more ways for consumers to access them. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results. And like all companies who win consistently, our brands, employees, and franchisees will need to continually adjust to stay relevant now and in the future. The software we’re building does just that: it serves people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier.
What we need:
Our dynamic eCommerce Platform team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and technology innovations to create competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe. We are seeking a Senior Node Engineer to make a monumental impact on our stack. While this is a backend position, there is opportunity for full stack contribution.
· Develop Node.js based REST web services.
· Develop scalable interactive ecommerce applications.
· Write comprehensive unit tests.
· Architect, design, optimize, and refactor code to maximize performance.
· Assist junior engineers in engineering best practices.
· Contribute to requirement elicitation and grooming of new functionality.
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
· Minimum 1 year building scalable interactive web applications
· Experience consuming or creating REST web services
· Experience with unit testing and/or Test Driven Development (TDD)
· Experience using SQL
· A collaborative attitude
We prefer experience with:
· Node web servers (hapi, express, etc.)
· Node testing libraries (mocha, chai, karma, istanbul, etc.)
· DevOps technologies (docker, AWS, Jenkins, apigee)
· Microservice architecture
· Internationalization (i18n)
· Agile methodologies
A few of our perks:
· 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
· 5 sick days
· 2 paid volunteer days
· 401k matching
· Medical, dental, vision
· Life insurance
· Half day Fridays
· Generous parental leave
· A world-famous recognition culture