Performance Test Engineer
Our QA Engineering department is seeking an QA Performance Engineer to join the team as an embedded partner with Applications Development to lead processes, tooling, optimization, resiliency and capacity for the Benefit Administration industry. You must possess strong communications, technical and tooling experience with the ability to plan, execute and interpret performance tests.
- Define, develop and execute performance tests to ensure that our systems (applications and test environments) can meet the needs of development, QA, business and our customers
- Assess present state of existing performance tests, propose and implement needed improvements
- Build or deploy tools that provide the ability to detect, diagnose, and manage our performance in terms of application responsiveness and system scalability
- Establish and maintain performance baselines for applications and environments, and support capacity planning and management
- Understand the applications and update performance requirement specifications and testing strategies collaborating with enterprise performance, application development and infrastructure teams
- Understand existing workload models, identify gaps and implement tests to increase coverage
- Identify performance risks at every life cycle phase and prepare mitigation plans
- Review all performance test results ensuring accuracy, clarity, and completeness
- Working with the Applications Development team, assist in root cause analysis of performance defects
- Must possess a +5 years of experience in Performance Engineering & Testing
- Benefit Administration experience is a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of Databases, Core JAVA, Correlations and performance disciplines
- Experience with Unix
- Strong background implementing and/or using industry standard performance testing and automation tools (Open
- Source Grinder, HP Performance Center, Jmeter, etc)
- Experience using RadView WebLoad and creating correlation rules
- Experience using performance profiling and logging tools (App Dynamics, Splunk, Idera, etc)
- Strong SQL skills
- An understanding of how to identify shortfalls in hardware resources (CPU, disk IO, memory, and network) for Linux
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred ' computer science or mathematics
- Benefits Administration Experience
- Experience with Unix
- Experience using RadView, WebLoad, and creating correlation rules
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.