Platform Software Engineer
From high-growth startups to established enterprises, LogicGate is helping organizations of all sizes bring unprecedented clarity, collaboration, and accountability to their governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) processes. LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based SaaS startup that creates flexible and easy-to-use software that allows businesses to improve compliance and better manage risk. Our customers use LogicGate to visually design end-to-end workflows that automate and centralize processes and place controls around mission-critical activities – helping them to improve efficiencies and reduce risk. Think of it as an “if this, then that” for businesses to manage their GRC activities.
As a key member of the LogicGate engineering team you will help build the backend of the core LogicGate platform. The stack is wide so the specific focus of your time will be driven by your interests and areas of expertise – we want our engineers to feel passionate about their work. Exciting challenges will confront you daily as you develop functionality to enhance the application’s core API, orchestrate a system of associated services, architect efficient data models, and experiment with new technologies.
What you’ll do...
- Develop the platform’s core API and associated services
- Optimize backend solutions for speed, reliability, and scalability
- Investigate and implement new technology to keep the stack current
- Write tests to facilitate an efficient development cycle and a reliable application
- Collaborate with a small team to implement new ideas
What we use...
- Work: Jira - Slack - Gitlab - G Suite
- Back: Spring Boot - Java 8 - Kotlin - Neo4j
- Front: TypeScript - Angular - SCSS - HTML
- Ops: AWS - Ansible - Terraform - Docker
- You’re a technical expert who is driven to learn
- You have proven object-oriented design skills and expertise with the JVM
- You’re well versed in the software development cycle
- You’re passionate about building creative, scalable solutions to complex problems
- You’re organized and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Since our team is small, you’ll help create best practices instead of just following along. Our culture is fast-paced and driven by a passionate team, but allows for the flexibility you’d expect with an early stage company. We’re nestled in the corner of river north at 320 W. Ohio. Our kitchen is typically well stocked with a variety of interesting sparkling water flavors, snacks, and beers for impromptu happy hours.
We offer competitive compensation and the following benefits:
- Long Term Disability
- Transit Benefits