Practice Area Lead - Software Development at Slalom
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Job Title: Practice Area Lead
Lead and grow Slalom’s Technology Group in our Toronto office as our Technology Enablement Practice Area Lead. The individual in this role will provide thought leadership to our clients, set strategic direction for the practice, and ultimately drive sales, recruiting, consulting, and operational efficiencies.
This position is responsible for ensuring the overall quality execution of business and technology consulting across a breadth of expertise areas that include Technology Strategy, Digital Innovation, Software Engineering (Front End, Mobile, Custom, DevOps), and Next Generation Infrastructure & Security.
- Accountability for the practice, including driving sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
- Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
- Business Development – Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of the Company.
- Team & Individual Development – Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
- Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing clients
- Manage executive and Sr executive-level client stakeholder relationships and expand Slalom’s client portfolio in the Toronto region
- Work with teams to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings
- Participate in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements; manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership
- Mentor, develop, and proactively support practice capabilities per market demand
- Support recruiting and on boarding of new employees and development of leaders
- 10+ years of experience focused in software engineering, preferably in an engagement–based consulting environment, or equivalent industry experience
- P&L experience from a comparably sized consulting firm
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up
- Deep experience with managing people, including mentoring and leadership skills
- Background in full stack software engineering and agile delivery
- Expert business operations (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.