Join Rally Health as a Principal Backend Software Engineer where you will help build a set of systems to personalize the experience of a user based on health, clinical, medication, condition and behavioral data. This includes building systems for member insights based on fact and inferred information, user graph, relevance, recommendations, predictions and feedback loop. You will report to an Engineering Manager.You Will:
- Architect and build scalable systems
- Guide overall technical vision and architecture
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Write high-quality, fault tolerant code and employ defensive programming techniques to ensure distributed transactions
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring new technologies and solve health care tech.
- You will work with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, cost, code, test and deliver.
- You are set working in a team setting to deliver features motivated by the mission. You should already know or like to learn our technical stack.
- We ask that you have a deep interest in software engineering and knowledge of computing concepts such as fault tolerance, self-healing, internet protocols, multithreaded programming, machine learning, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- 5+ years of industry experience in backend development
- You are expert in Java or another modern compiled language
- You have exposure or an interest in learning Scala, or exposure to other functional programming languages
- You have experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- Experience developing APIs and web microservices
- Experience with building and operating cloud-based services in a public cloud
- Experience with Machine Learning engineering is a huge plus
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states: AZ, CA, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA
Nice to haves:
- Experience with recommendations, predications, personalization and machine learning will be an excellent plus
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Experience in the Healthcare space
- Familiarity with NoSQL and RDBMS
- Experience with AWS (configuring, deploying, managing) services and distributed applications
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people by helping them take charge of their health and health care. Our culture is built on a belief of helping people live healthier lives, and we know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us, and when Rallyers can do their best work in a workplace where they feel a sense of belonging.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.