About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About the team
Restaurant Placement team is responsible for building services and systems to optimize the conversion funnel for Diners and as well as control and distribute exposure for Restaurants on the Grubhub marketplace. We collaborate closely with product teams using a data driven approach to build new features and expose and analyze their impact with continuous experimentation.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Own and oversee large scale technical implementation for experimentation frameworks and machine learning algorithms to optimize the eCommerce experience
- Pivot between the daily tasks of analysis, model building and programming to architecting a strategic vision for how our team can optimize Grubhub’s eCommerce operations
- Utilize data mining and analytical methods to extract insights and drive product changes
- Be responsible for best practices and methodologies with regards to technology choices and changes across the organization
- Contribute to GrubHub’s research roadmap to help identify areas we can improve the business
- Collaborate and mentor the team to ensure growth of junior peers
You Should Have
- Ph.D. in aforementioned quantitative or technical field or 6 years of industry directly relevant industry experience
- Strong experience in machine learning and statistics with deep knowledge in multiple different techniques
- Demonstrated ability to write clean and performant code in Python, Java or Scala
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong mentorship and leadership skills with demonstrated experience collaborating with team members on delivering large scale software projects
- Familiarity with utilizing a clustered distributed-data processing tool such as Spark, Desk or Hive
- Building and testing economic models to determine product pricing for differentiated markets
- Experience with big data: extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large data quantities using cloud technologies like AWS
- Expert level knowledge of experimental statistics, analysis and best practices
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.