Principal Site Reliability Engineer at GoHealth
GoHealth is looking for a Principal Engineer to lead our Site Reliability Engineering Division. At GoHealth, Principal Engineers are THE leaders of the Engineering Organization. As the Principal Engineer overseeing Site Reliability, you will be the sole leader of a large, diverse, and geographically distributed team of Site Reliability Engineers. When it comes to the reliability of our systems and infrastructure, the buck stops with you. The ideal candidate will be a creative, strategic, and a powerful motivator. You will excel in an Agile environment and will be process- and technology-improvement oriented. The Principal Engineer in Site Reliability will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering.Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Lead the Site Reliability Engineering division at Gohealth.
- Identify new ways to improve processes within your team and projects.
- Connect lower level technical details to our needs.
- Advocate for and champion overall code quality, reuse, and extensibility, and serve as technical expert.
- Empower your team. Encourage ongoing professional development of all team members, mentor junior engineers, and cultivate a positive working environment.
- Promote experience in the company and participate in startup community activities like engagement with GitHub, Stack Overflow, and Chicago-based meetups.
- Develop knowledge of GoHealth platform architecture and applications.
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in any programming language (Java, Golang)
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, implementation, and support).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience using infrastructure or configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Terraform.
- Comprehensive knowledge managing Linux systems.
- Experience with the software development process, automation, and testing.
- Previous team leadership experience.
- Experience with multiple hosting solutions (AWS, VPS, on-premise).
- Fluent on topics of networking, transport protocols, security, and monitoring.
- Experience with multiple types of databases/application servers.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC