Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack (Rewards & Incentives)
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
On the rewards and incentives team, you will have the opportunity to work with systems at massive scale, on products that have a positive impact on society. We're all about rewarding people for healthy behavior -- from preventive health and wellness to condition specific management, we provide rewards and incentives for actions and behaviors that improve health outcomes and lower healthcare costs for the consumer.
- Architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture
- Lead evaluation of new technologies
- Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
- Be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
- Write high quality, fault tolerant code and employ defensive programming techniques to enable distributed transactions and guaranteed message delivery.
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- Breathe life into static mocks with CSS animations, transitions and visual effects
- Develop responsive web apps that look and work great across multiple devices
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring innovative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- 7+ years of real industry experience
- You have a strong background in Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
- You have exposure to or strong interest in learning Scala, or exposure to other functional programming languages
- You have strong unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus).
- Experience with cloud based services and hosting (AWS EC2, etc.)
- You have experience integrating with third party APIs, and the ability to understand them in various formats
- Experience developing APIs and web microservices
- Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular, React & React Native
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Excellent understanding of CSS, web browsers, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- If you are involved with open source projects, that's a plus
- You are comfortable with Git
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.