Principal Software Engineer (Rewards & Incentives) at Rally Health
On the rewards and incentives team, you will work with systems at massive scale, on products that have a positive impact on society. We're all about rewarding people for healthy behavior -- from preventive health and wellness to condition specific management, we provide rewards and incentives for actions and behaviors that improve health outcomes and lower healthcare costs for the consumer.
- Architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Guide overall technical vision and architecture
- Lead evaluation of new technologies
- Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
- Be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
- Write high quality, fault tolerant code and employ defensive programming techniques to enable distributed transactions and guaranteed message delivery.
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring innovative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of real industry experience
- You have a background in Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
- You have exposure to or interest in learning Scala, or exposure to other functional programming languages
- You have unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus).
- Experience with cloud based services and hosting (AWS EC2, etc.)
- You have experience integrating with third-party APIs, and understand them in various formats
- Experience developing APIs and web microservices
- You are involved with open source projects
- You are comfortable with Git
Why join Rally?
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.Our Benefits:
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.