Principal Software Engineer at Sphera
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
Great things you’ll accomplish:
- Write, automate and ship great software. Hone your craft and bring to bear a sense of urgency while creating software that is meant to evolve.
- Be part of a team in our growing software development practice. Use your agile skillsets and planning to help us story map, sequence, slice and ship working code in increments. We want to learn from you to.
- Make sure we take care of our customers data by furthering our security practices in everything we do.
- Think full life-cycle engineering – code, test, refactor, automate, build pipelines, devops, cloud infrastructure and production operations. We like to own what we ship and work with our ops teams to make things better and better.
- Work on UI’s and the backend. Or find a specialization. This includes databases, messaging, API’s, streams and analytics. React.js on the front. .NET and SQL on the back. Be tech agnostic.
- Ensure our non-functional requirements are tip-top: response time, throughput, operational footprint, logging, analysis and analytics.
- Bring your ideas and see them come to life with the team.
Things we’re looking for:
- At least 8 years building software that is web-based, API centric and uses one or more data sources
- Someone who has hands on experience working with SQL, writing queries or general comfort with data
- Experience building and consuming API’s.
- Desire to grow and improve across the software career set: tools, languages, patterns and architectures
- You’re comfortable working with a team. Being accountable as a team. And contributing as an individual.
- Understand what “the customer is always right” means.
- Experiencing working in an agile environment. Of course. But won’t got thrown off by some other planning methods too.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.